The Lewes Town Partnership is a Company Ltd by Guarantee England (No 04779872).
For a general picture of what the Lewes Town Partnership does and how it can work for you, please download the Lewes Town Partnership brochure. You can also pick up a copy of this brochure from Lewes Town Hall or from Lewes public library.
A copy of the most recent Annual Report approved at the AGM on 17 October 2016 is attached here annual-report-2015-16-and-accounts
At the AGM members requested a simple income & expenditure sheet on the work of the see LTP accounts 2015-16
During 2013/early 2014 we engaged an independent researcher to talk to the members and review current activities.Lewes Town Partnership final report February 2014 with recomendations can be viewed here. This led to the development of a five year development plan. Click here for the LTP Business Plan 2015-2020, covering our aims for 2015-2020.
The objects of the partnership are that the Company exists to represent the aspirations of local organisations and residents, and through this, work on projects or issues affecting Lewes Town that:
1.1 promote the conservation, protection and improvement of the physical and natural environment;
1.2 advance the arts, culture and heritage in and relating to Lewes and its surrounding areas;
1.3 provide or assist in the provision of facilities for recreation or other leisure time occupation of individuals who have need of such facilities by reason of their youth, age, infirmity or disability, financial hardship or social circumstances;
1.4 promote community participation in healthy recreation;
1.5 advance education including but not limited to the following areas:
- the conservation, protection and improvement of the physical and natural environment
- the arts, culture and heritage of Lewes and its surrounding areas
- the benefits of healthy lifestyles and healthy recreation
- the benefits of healthy eating;
1.6 encourage the improvement of the economic well being of the town;
1.7 and promote such other purposes as may from time to time be chosen by the directors.
Lewes Town Partnership does so without discrimination because of age, disability, religion or belief, sex or sexuality. It involves, as appropriate, local residents, local authorities and voluntary and community organisations.
What we can do for you:
- Lewes Town Partnership holds at least one annual meeting for members, often with a speaker – a great opportunity for local networking. Other meetings are setup as circumstances require;
- Lewes Town Partnership produces a regular e-newsletter, for sharing information between members;
- Lewes Town Partnership can help member groups link up to create partnership projects to improve some aspect of the town. We now have some experience in this;
- Any representative from your organisation is welcome to attend our events;
- Lewes Town Partnership are happy to talk to your organisation about the Town Partnership’s work and current project