Lewes Town Partnership is running a special workshop on 9 March for member organisations on how to get started in social media.
If the finer points of twitter and Facebook are a mystery to you, don’t get behind, but find out from the expert. Professional social media trainer Mina O’Brien has put together a three-hour programme designed for small businesses / community organisations with little or no knowledge on how to use social media for marketing.
Lewes Town Partnership is subsidising this for the benefit of its members. The cost is only a nominal £5 (typically this sort of workshop would cost £30-£40, so it’s a great bargain).
It will be held at the Westgate Centre (Hibbert Room), High Street (two doors along from the Brewers Arms and diagonally opposite St Michael’s Church), Lewes, 2-5pm, Wednesday 9 March.
Booking essential, by midday, Wednesday 2 March.
- Reply to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm interest, saying which member organisation you belong to, then if there are still spaces we will reply requesting you drop in a cheque payable to the Lewes Town Partnership for £5 at Lewes Town Hall reception desk (for the Lewes Town Partnership pigeonhole), to confirm your participation.
- There are only 12 places on this course, so it is first, come, first served.
- If more than one from any organisation wishes to come, then they will be put on the waiting list, and I will inform those concerned after 2 March if there is a place for them.
- For a complete list of Lewes Town Partnership member organisations, see https://lewestownpartnership.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/member-list-2016.pdf
The workshop covers:
- Introduction to social media and the benefits
- How to get started on Twitter & Facebook (1.5 hours)
- Brief guides on LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube
- Creating content & blogging
- Social Media Management Tools
By the end of the course, delegates will:
- Understand the importance of using social media marketing for their business
- Be able to create/optimise profiles on Twitter & Facebook find followers, and start engaging
- Have a basic introduction to LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest, Instagram & YouTube and their key benefits
- Key points for creating content and blogging
- Introduction to Bufferapp (Social Media Management tool)