A great project for the summer holidays: the Friends of Lewes have launched a Children’s Art Competition, for all children and young people living or at school in Lewes. The theme is “A Special Place in Lewes”. Draw, paint, or to make a print or a collage, of a special building or place in Lewes.
A selection of the entries will be used to illustrate a Friends of Lewes calendar for 2016. All entries will be made available via our website: www.friends-of-lewes.org.uk and the winners will be notified by the end of September 2015.
The prizes are a £25 book token for the winning entries from each age group:
- Age 4-7 years
- Age 8-11 years
- Age 12 – 18 years
All you have to do to take part is:
- make your picture on a piece of A4 sized paper, landscape;
- fill in an entry form, (available from our website), including your name, age, address and your reasons for choosing this building or place as “special” to Lewes;
- stick your entry form to the back of your picture;
- give your picture and entry form to your school office, for collection by the Friends of
- Lewes, or take/post it to the Town Hall, (“FOL Special Places Competition”, Lewes Town Council Offices, Town Hall, High Street, Lewes, East Sussex, BN7 2QS). Closing date Friday 11 September.